“Women think of all colors except the absence of color. I have said that black has it all. … [Its] beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” Coco Chanel
Below are 5 rules to follow when you want to wear all black clothing:
1. Vary the fabrics and textures. MY #OOTD combines black denim, leather (shirt) , wool (vest). Tip : do not wear all black cotton it is almost impossible to pull off.
2. Fabrics: ensure it is appropriate for the season. A black linen dress will not work for fall or winter it is generally relegated to late spring and/or summer. However, you can purchase “seasonless” fabrics such as microfiber as shown in this previous blog …Tip : great CPW for garments that are made with a “seasonless” fabric.
3. When putting together a black-on-black, fit becomes even more important. Take advantage of the fact that black is slimming and have the clothes be more fitted and flattering. Tip: camouflage less flattering areas using longer pieces over more fitted garments I.e: my vest which elongates ,therefore de-emphasising my hip area.
4. Add interest with accessories. Bold, colorful jewelry becomes the statement piece of your outfit. Tip: have the eye move upward by framing your face with accessories. I love wearing silver accessories, especially this silver statement choker & pair of silver/onyx earrings.
5. Make your outfit more dressy or casual with the simple change of lipstick color. Tip: you can wear red lipstick day or night but change the hue and transparency..lighter for the day and darker for the evening.